Friday, June 3, 2011

Trembling

As I crawl into bed, I take a quick peek at the time. The digital clock on my bedside table clearly read out :

12.04AM, 4th of June.

I paused, looked away, and looked back at it. In a moment of utter disbelief and slight panic, I realized we were already 4 days into the sixth month of 2011. After this shocking yet much needed realization, I lay in bed. The thoughts came rushing, nothing could stop them, not even I.

As my body lay there, my mind wandered off. I can't remember what I was thinking exactly, but I remember thinking about a lot of things. If there was a moment I needed a time machine, that moment would have been then. "So many things have happened this year..." after that line, I lost my train of thought. I wanted to catch up with it, but it was already too late.

As metaphorical as it all sounds, this is a wake-up call. A much needed one, at that. I can't contain my excitement as I think of everything that will happen after I've crossed the bridge.. Then I bring my feet back down to where it belongs, on the ground. I realize that in order to cross the bridge and get to the other side, I first have to walk my way through the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment